Kapha Dominant Prakruti (Body Constitution)
Prakruti based prescription of diet and daily activities
You have a KAPHA dominant body constitution. That means ‘KAPHA’ is the dominant factor-governing majority of your body functions & make up of your mind, body and intellect.
This makes your
- GRASPING LITTLE BIT SLOWER
- INTELLIGENCE GOOD
- MEMORY EXCELLENT
- LEVEL OF ALERTNESS FAIR
- STRESS ENDURANCE EXCELLENT
You have a personality of
- Being calm relaxed, affectionate & tolerant by nature.
- Self contained, complacent & happy to go individual.
- Cool headed & mature.
- Reserved, shrewd & possessive in nature.
- Slow but methodical & sincere.
- Firm, tough & determined.
- Strong built with lot of stamina, not easily fatigued with physical work.
- Having natural liking towards sleep sex & food.
The drawbacks of your personality are
- Your actions & responses are little bit slower.
- You are slow to learn and slow to change.
- You need a lot of motivation and you go in a state of inertia very easily
- You are satisfied very easily, which makes your progress slower.
- You have a tendency to postpone work.
- You have a tendency to become lethargic dull and lazy.
The strengths of your personality are
- Though you are a slow learner you have an excellent retention capacity & therefore can remember things with minor details.
- You are methodical in your work.
- You have an excellent capacity to win friends & influence people.
- You have an in built capacity to tackle the crisis with a firm & tough mind.
- You are not ruffled or disturbed very easily.
- It is very rare for you to have an attack of frustration.
- You have a pure mind with realistic attitude & strong feelings.
To minimize the drawbacks you should
- Avoid skipping meals.
- Take regular exercises. This will help you to reduce the over dominance of kapha in your body.
- Try to move around the place of work instead of sitting in one place or do some kind of physical work. This will help you to refresh yourself, especially when you feel dull & lethargic.
- You have high physical endurance due to which you tend to exhaust yourself very much. Try to avoid over exertion.
- Do not allow your thoughts to be stagnated.
- Always set your goals a little higher.
- Try to respond as quickly as possible.
- Do not allow yourself to become lethargic & dull.
- Avoid postponing of work.
- Try to plan & complete the work before schedule.
To maintain your health you should
- Not delay or skip your meals, you should take meals at regular timings & in fixed quantities.
- If you feel depressed, sluggish or lazy try a session of brisk walk or any kind of physical work.
- Avoid damp, humid and cold weather, and environment.
- You should protect yourself from dampness humidity and cold. Kapha being a cold and moist dosha, it gets aggravated due to cold, moist foods, damp weather & benefits from dryness, & heat.
- Drink very little fluids to prevent clogging of body tissues with excessive water.
Avoid use of air conditioners.
- Take care of yourself especially AFTER WINTER SEASON because ‘Kapha’ the dominant dosha in your Prakruti gets aggravated after winter season especially in March & April.
- Stay warm, dry heat is beneficial for kapha prakruti persons.
- Drink a glass of water with two teaspoons of honey every day early in the morning.
Keep the passages of your body clean dry and warm.
Kapha prakruti persons should eat
- Warm, dry, and light foods.
- Fresh meals prepared using minimum quantity of oil.
- Dry cooking methods like baking, broiling, grilling, roasting are good for Kapha.
- Dry chatni & dry vegetables are recommended.
- Consume raw salads frequently.
- Sprinkle your salads with dry ginger powder, and black pepper powder.
- Chewing of a bite of ginger before meals with little bit of salt is helpful to improve the otherwise low digestion of kapha persons.
- Always choose warm food over cold food.
- Pungent, spicy, bitter, astringent foods & stimulating foods are good for Kapha.
- Pickles made of ‘Raw haldi’ are recommended.
- Daily use of ‘Honey’ helps to control the excessive kapha.
- Cold, oily, spicy, fried, & heavy food substances.
- Regular use of sweets, butter, cheese, paneer etc.
- Dairy products especially curd and butter.
- Refrigerated rewarmed, day old stale food, etc.
- Bhaji, vada, missal, chole, etc.
- Foods containing preservatives, artificial flavours, colours etc.
- Sauces, vinegar, pickles, chatani etc.
- Non-vegetarian food.
- Cheese, paneer, yogurt etc.
- Excessive intake of salts & spices.
- Alcoholic & other beverages.
- Watery fruits like cucumber, watermelon etc.
Kapha prakruti persons are likely to suffer from a number of diseases owing to the dominance of KAPHA, and its tendency to get imbalanced easily. The likely diseases are
- Recurrent attacks of Sinusitis, chronic cold, cough etc.
- Loss of appetite, Indigestion etc.
- Skin diseases.
- Asthma and bronchitis etc.
- Hypertension and Ischaemic Heart diseases.
- Burning sensation in urine, eyes, palms, feet etc.
To prevent the occurrence of above mentioned diseases and for the overall maintenance of the body, Ayurveda has suggested a therapeutic procedure called as ‘Vamna’. The procedure, which involves massage, steam bath and therapeutic vomiting induced by medicines, is extremely beneficial for persons with kapha dominant body constitution. It is recommended especially AFTER WINTER season, in mid March 1 week of April in which there is natural & seasonal aggravation of KAPHA.
This advice is a general advice. It is better to communicate personally for any specific complaint or disease.