Dr. Abhay Kulkarni
M.D, Ph. D (Scholar), B.A. (Sanskrit)
Graduated from prestigious Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, of Ayurveda Seva Sangha Nashik, a government aided educational institute of high repute imparting education since 1954, was awarded a Degree of B.A.M.S (Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery) from University of Pune in 1991 and further completed post graduate studies from the same institute and was awarded M.D (Doctor of Medicine) (Ayurveda) in Kayachikitsa (General Medicine) from University of Pune in 1994.
The academic career was meritorious and achieved distinction in many subjects at undergraduate and post graduate levels.
Due to extensive interest in Sanskrit, has pursued B.A & M.A in Sanskrit from Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune. Yoga, being an allied subject has also taken formal education in Yoga from Yoga Vidya dham in Nashik. Presently pursuing Ph. D in Ayurveda with Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Pune.
Has been working as Consulting Ayurvedic Physician since 1994. Has rich clinical experience of handling variety of cases ranging from chronic renal failure to cancers. His vision of having an Internationally reputed fully Ayurvedic Hospital was fulfilled in 2003. His journey with Ayurveda started with a small set up of 350 sq.ft in 1994 has blossomed in to 3600 sq.ft. three storied building of Ayushree Ayurvedic Hospital & Research centre built on international standards.
Visiting Associate professor in Ayurvedic college, in India and visiting faculty in various institutes in Australia and Germany.
Travelled overseas to Australia, Germany, USA since 2000, every year, Conducted Seminars, Workshops, Lectures for general public as well as medical professionals, naturopaths etc.
Research Officer in Arogyashala Rugnalaya, Nashik.
Ex Member ethical committee for Research Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
Chairman Institutional Ethical Committee, Ayurveda Seva Sangh,
Founder of International Institute for Research in Ayurveda & Yoga.
Over 1000 articles published in local newspapers, magazines and Scientific Journals of Ayurveda. Has been invited to write articles in various leading dailies on variety of subjects. Author of three books in Marathi viz. Ayurvediya Garbhasanskara, Ayurvvediya Soundaryashastra, Arogyadayee ganesh pujan and publishing a bimonthly health magazine called Arogya Hitaya in Marathi. Published an Audio CD Called Ayurvediya Garbhasanskara.
Delivered Lectures at various places locally, nationally and Internationally.
Participation in Electronic Media
- Invited for talk on All India Radio in 1995.
- Interview Broad casted on Sydney Radio in Australia in 2000.
- Conducted series of lectures on All India Radio on Ayurveda, Ayurvediya Garbhasanskara, Beauty and Ayurveda.
- Invited in Hello Doctor on DD Sahyadri on 5 occassions
- Invited on Zee Marathi in Amhi Sare Khavayee on two occassions
Paper presentation & Seminars
- Presented papers in various state level, National & International Seminars
- International Conference in Pune 1998
- International Seminar in European Academy of Ayurveda, Bierstein, Germany 2005
- II nd Global Ayurveda Congress in sydney 2002
Chaired various sessions in Seminars.
Secretary of Ayurveda Seva Sangh, Nashik, Maharshtra, India
An organisation operating since 1924 which runs an Ayurvedic Medical College which imparts education at graduate, post graduate and Doctorate students ( Intake capacity of 60 ), attached hospital ( 140 bedded), Ayurvedic Pharmacy, Monthly Scientific Magazine and Research Institute.
Organised a State level conference on Streeroga in Nashik 1998.
Organised a 2 day International Conference on Role of Ayurveda in Management of Diabetis Mellitus and Globalisation of Ayurveda on 14, 15 Jan. 2006 at Nashik
Presented a Paper on Concept of Bhutagni in Management of Dia
President of International Society of Ayurvedic Physician and Teachers a professionally managed Organisation.
Past President Ayurveda Vyaspeeth Nashik Branch,
President Nashik District Ayurveda Mahasammelan
Organised Various Camps for Patients
Organised Exhibition for creating awareness about plants and environment.
- Manuscript Titled: Diagnosis of Chronic Kidney Disease in Ayurveda under consideration for publication in International Journal of Ayurveda Research Reference no ijar_18_11.
- Manuscript Titled: Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease in Ayurveda under consideration for publication in International Journal of Ayurveda Research Reference no ijar_202_11.
- Abstract No. P – LB-013 Title: Re-Canalization of Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis with combination of herbal medicines described in Ayurveda. Presented in Kyoto Japan in International Congress of International Society of Hematosis & Thrombosis (ISTH)
- Presented Paper at All India Samdnya Artha Nischiti & Nirnaya Parishad 14 & 15 Dec 1991 at Bhusaval on Concept of Ushna Sheeta Veerya
- Presented Paper on Concept of Agni in Ayurveda in International convention on Ayurveda & Botany held on 9 – 14 November 1992
- Presented Paper on Fast Acting treatments in Ayurveda in State level Seminar organized by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth, Maharshtra Ayurveda Sammelan & Tilak Ayurveda College Pune at Pune on 9 October 1993
- Presented Paper on Properties of Ushir (Andropogans Muricatus) in state level conference on Ayurveda Organised by Maharashtra Ayurveda Sammelan at Dombivali on 29 March 1998
- Presented Paper on Treating Psoriasis with Ayurvedic treatment in International Conference on Ayurveda at Pune organized by International Academy of Ayurveda in 1998.
- Presented paper on Detailed analysis of description of Guggulu and its phalashruti in Dombivali in 2003.
- Presented Paper on Treatment Concepts of Alcoholism in Ayurveda at International Conference on Ayurveda organized by European Academy of Ayurveda at Bierstien Germany in August 2005
- Presented Paper on Concept of Bhutagni and its application in Prameha with special reference to Diabetis Mellitus. In International Conference on Management of Diabetes Mellitus in Ayurveda Organized by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and International Society of Ayurvedic Physicians & Teachers in Jan 2006 at Nashik.
- Conducted a workshop on Wellness with Ayurveda in Kolkata for corporate executives in 2008
- Invited to speak on Nyaya and Vada in Tadvidya Sambhasha organised by Vaidya Vilas Nanal, Pune.
- Invited as speaker on Udavarta & its practical application in Tadvidya sambhasha organised by Vaidya Vilas Nanal in Pune.
- Invited as a resource person in State level seminar on Psoriaisis “Manthana – 2013” at Sangli organised by Ayurveda and Panchakarma Practitioners’s association , Sangli on Sunday, 29th September 2013.
Prizes & Awards
- Distinction in Padartha Vidnyan in University Examination Ist B.A.M.S Oct/Nov 1986
- II Prize in Sanskrit Elocution competition conducted by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Pune in January 1990
- II Prize in Sanskrit Elocution competition conducted by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Pune in August 1987
- II Prize in Sanskrit Story telling competition conducted by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Pune in August 1987
- III Prize in Prize in Sanskrit Elocution competition conducted by Tilak Maharashtra Vidyapeeth Pune in September 1988
- III Prize in Essay Competition Organised by Vaidyaraj Datar Panchabhautik Chikitsa & Samshodhan Kendra Sangli on 11 August 1993
- Received International Excellence Award for significant contribution in propagating Ayurveda Abroad awarded at Singapore by Panacea International and Vanoushadhi Vidyapeeth Kolhapur.
- Organizing Secretary – International Conference on Mcanagement of Diabetes Mellitus in Ayurveda & Globalization of Ayurveda jointly organized by MUHS (Maharashtra University of Health Sciences) & ISAPT (International Society of Ayurvedic Physicians & Teachers)
- Organizing Secretary – State Level Conference on Ayurveda organized by The Sukhayu Ayurveda Foundation Nashik.
- Past President – Ayurveda Vyaspeeth, Nashik Branch
- President – International Society of Ayurvedic Physicians & Teachers
- President – Nashik District Ayurveda Sammelan
Authoured 4 books in marathi
- Ayurvediya Garbha Sanskar
- Ayurvediya soundarya Shastra
- Arogyadayee Ganesh pujan
- Aahar Jidnyasa
Published Bi-monthly Magazine in Marathi Arogya Hitay for five years
Ayurvediya Garbhasanskar has been translated in English, Hindi and Gujarathi